in the Prince of Wales-Hyder Census Area
- Area Type
- Current Population
- Population Comment
- 2013 Department of Labor Estimate
- Pronunciation/Other Names
- Census Designated Place (CDP)
- Borough/Census Area FIPS Code
- Place FIPS
Election, Recording, and Judicial Districts
- Senate District
- House District
- Judicial District
- Recording District
Facilities and Amenities
Geography and Climate
- Edna Bay is located on the southeast coast of Kosciusko Island, northwest of Prince of Wales Island, in Southeast Alaska. It lies 90 miles northwest of Ketchikan.
- The area is dominated by a cool maritime climate. Average temperatures in the summer range from 46 to 70 °F; winter temperatures range from 32 to 42 °F.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
History and Culture
- Edna Bay is a fishing community, originally named by the U.S. Coast & Geodetic Survey in 1904. Settlement was enabled by a state land disposal sale. A post office was established in 1943 but was transferred to Ketchikan in 1960.
- Edna Bay is a community of fishing families.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
- Transportation and cargo are provided by float plane or boat from Craig, Ketchikan, or Petersburg. Edna Bay is not connected to the island's road system. A dock and harbor with breakwater are available.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection