in the Kenai Peninsula Borough
- Current Population
- Population Comment
- 2013 Department of Labor Estimate
- Community's Judicial District
- Recording District
Geography and Climate
- Primrose is on Kenai Lake, off of the Seward Highway, at mile 18.4 of the Alaska Railroad. It lies 15 miles north of Seward.
- Winter temperatures range from 4 to 22 °F; Summer temperatures vary from 46 to 65 °F. Average annual precipitation is 20 inches.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
History and Culture
- Primrose was first listed as a flag stop on the Alaska Railroad in 1919.
- The population of Primrose is mostly non-Native. It is close to Seward, and many residents travel there for goods and services.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
Facilities, Utilities, and Health Care
- The Seward and Sterling Highways provide access to Anchorage and the statewide highway system. Nearby Seward offers an airport, railroad, and docking facilities.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection
- Community's Senate District
- Community's House District