in the Wade Hampton Census Area
- Area Type
- Place of Interest
- Current Population
- Pronunciation/Other Names
- (chu loon' uh wick)
- Community's Judicial District
- Census Designated Place (CDP)
Geography and Climate
- The site, also known as Kwikpak, is located on the North bank of Kwikpak pass in the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta. It was also reported as "Kwikpakamiut" in 1899 by the U.S. Coast & Geodetic Survey.
- A maritime climate predominates in Chuloonawick. Temperatures range from -25 to 79 °F. Precipitation averages 19 inches per year, while snowfall averages 50 to 60 inches per year.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
History and Culture
- This is a historical Eskimo village, now abandoned, and was first reported in 1879 by the U.S. Coast & Geodetic Survey as "Kwikpakamiut."
- Chuloonawick is a summer fish camp for Emmonak residents.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
- Name of Federally Recognized Tribe
- Chuloonawick Native Village
Facilities, Utilities, and Health Care
- Number of Commercial Fishing Permit Holders
- Number of Commercial Fishing Permits Issued
- CDQ Participant
- Gallon of Heating Fuel
- Gallon of Gasoline
- The village is no longer populated and can be accessed by boat or float plane.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection
- Community's Senate District
- Community's House District