in the Southeast Fairbanks Census Area
- Current Population
- Population Comment
- 2013 Department of Labor Estimate
- Pronunciation/Other Names
- (HEE-lee); a.k.a. Healy Fork
- Community's Judicial District
- Recording District
Geography and Climate
- The 5-mile long Healy Lake lies on the course of the Healy River, 29 miles east of Delta Junction.
- The area lies within the continental climatic zone, with cold winters and warm summers. Average temperatures range from -32 to 72 °F.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
History and Culture
- The local name was reported in 1914 by the U.S. Geological Survey. Due to declining enrollment, the school closed in 1999.
- Healy Lake is a mixed Athabascan and non-Native community.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
- Name of Federally Recognized Tribe
- Healy Lake Village
Facilities, Utilities, and Health Care
- The Tanana River provides boat access to Healy Lake at Big Delta. The lake is east of the Richardson Highway; however, there is no direct road access. During the winter, residents fly in by ski plane or drive in on the ice road.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection
- Community's Senate District
- Community's House District