Bill Moore's Slough
in the Wade Hampton Census Area
- Current Population
- Pronunciation/Other Names
- Community's Judicial District
Geography and Climate
- The site is located on the left bank of Apoon Pass, southwest of Kotlik, in the Yukon Delta.
- The climate is subarctic. Temperatures range between -50 and 87 °F. Average annual precipitiation is 16 inches, and average annual snowfall is 60 inches.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
History and Culture
- This was a landing and riverboat woodyard, first reported in 1899 by R.L. Faris of the U.S. Coast & Geodetic Survey as "Konogkelyokamiut." The name "Bill Moore's Slough" was first noted in the 1961 Census. At that time, there were 32 persons living in the community.
- Bill Moore's is a Yup'ik summer subsistence-use camp; villagers live permanently in Kotlik and travel here in the summer.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
- Name of Federally Recognized Tribe
- Village of Bill Moore's Slough
Facilities, Utilities, and Health Care
- Number of Commercial Fishing Permit Holders
- Number of Commercial Fishing Permits Issued
- CDQ Participant
- Transportation is provided by boat or floatplane from Kotlik.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection