in the Hoonah-Angoon Census Area
- Area Type
- Place of Interest
- Current Population
- Population Comment
- Pronunciation/Other Names
- Community's Judicial District
- Census Designated Place (CDP)
Geography and Climate
- Cube Cove is located on the northwest coast of Admiralty Island, 20 miles south of Juneau in Southeast Alaska.
- The area's maritime climate is characterized by cool summers and mild winters. Average summer temperatures range from 45 to 61 °F. Winter temperatures range from 25 to 39 °F.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
History and Culture
- The area has been known as Eight Fathom Bight. The name Cube Cove was first reported in 1951 by the U.S. Geological Survey. The community was first settled as a logging camp.
- Cube Cove was a working logging camp, including families, through 2002. It is no longer in use. The school has been closed.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
Facilities, Utilities, and Health Care
- Float planes and boats provide transportation to the cove, although there are no facilities.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection
- Community's Senate District
- Community's House District